Monday, December 10, 2018

New Jack City

After a couple of weekends off of any climbing, I managed to convince Teresa that we should head into the desert and climb at New Jack City. 

NJC - Parking lot filling up
 Its not a pretty place to climb, but the rock is challenging, and is not in a style that I am very good it. Steep and technical sport climbing on slippery volcanic rock.

Hmmm.. what should we climb
 It was pretty crowded, lots of 20-something straight out of the climbing gym. I am not the at best climbing when things are crowded, I feel weirdly self-conscious. I think also I am used to the nice solitude of places like Shuteye. I need to work on my self-confidence a bit maybe.

We spent a bit of time climbing in the Western canyon, which is a lot quieter, which I enjoyed. 

Sunset in the Western canyon
 
Some solitude in the Western canyon

 We found a nice mix of moderates for Teresa and challenging climbs for me. I took a lot of whips working through some of the routes.

Happy family!
 Overall a nice little trip to the desert. I'm looking forward to heading back sometime over the winter for some more!

Penny had fun as well

No comments:

Post a Comment