Monday, December 17, 2018

Danland in December

I love climbing in Danland. Its a wonderful place, located deep in the foothills at the edge of the Mineral King branch of Sequoia National Park. I went out there with Michelle and her friend Lauren, we had a great time playing around on the granite slabs and cracks

Michelle on P1 of DZ arete (5.10a)
I got to lead a several routes, including both pitched of the very interesting DZ arete. The first pitch was a short 5.10 crack, followed by a bolted slabby arete. 

Lauren on P1 of DZ arete.
The 2nd pitch of DZ aerte was a short, well bolted and very technical slab/face, which went at 5.10d/5.11a. I took a little whip on the crux, so the on-sight eluded me, but I got it 2nd go.

Me leading out on the crux pitch

P2 of DZ arete (5.11?)
WE then took some burns on my long standing project - Lizard run, 5.11d/5.12a. I almost made it through the crux, but not quite. 

Taking a shot on Lizard Run

Michelle takes a-go.
Michelle's dog Bart watched us the whole time. Well not the whole time, he did excavate a rather large hole at the belay station

Bart - looking regal

A great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment